Transit Management Intern – PAID(PT) CLOSE DATE: July 2, 2021
Valley Metro Transit Management Interns will become contributing members of the Valley Metro team and gain valuable work experience as skills are developed in various projects and assignments. Interns will work alongside leaders within our organization, as well as other motivated transit customers who value Valley Metro’s commitment to excellent transit service delivery. Our objective is to offer the type of responsibility and experience that will provide valuable guidance as important career choices are made.
- Assists with specific functions in Maintenance, Human Resources, Procurement, Operations, Planning, and Finance
- Assists with the promotion of Real Time Passenger Information Systems and emerging technologies
- Attends project meetings related to and including implementation of transportation technology
- Assists with creating department reports
- Provides administrative support for department Director
- Reports to Assistant General Manager
- Basic knowledge of simple technology-based systems
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to effectively coordinate with transit staff and customers
- Ability to prepare presentations, project documentation, and reports
- Available 15+ hours/week, the work schedule will be flexible
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field or enrollment in an Associate degree program with plans to pursue a Bachelor’s in the above fields.
Applications available online: www.valleymetro.com/employment
To apply, please submit an application, and a resume along with a cover letter detailing how your background meets the desired skills, what excites you about transit and any specific interests you have in this field. Email your resume and cover letter to HRinfo@valleymetro.com
To submit an application in person come to:
Valley Metro Administrative Offices
1108 Campbell Ave S.E.
Roanoke, VA 24013
SVTMC is an EEOC