Salem High School Banner

Summer School is coming fast.  Here is information about summer school and an application for summer school. If you have questions about summer school please contact our guidance office.


Hours:  Monday – Friday: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm

Salem High School CEEB Code 472035

SHS Main Office Phone Number:  (540)387-2437
School Counseling Fax Number: (540)387-2439

Salem High School
400 Spartan Drive
Salem, Virginia 24153

Welcome to the School Counseling Department

The Mission of the Salem High School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive, developmental program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students.  School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement.  In partnership with other educators, parents/guardians and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure All students graduate with the competencies necessary to be able to make self-directed, realistic and responsible decisions and to be successful contributors to society.


If you are a Salem High School Senior and are interested in applying for a scholarship you may find a list of the scholarships on the on the family connection page.

How To Request A Salem High School Transcript

Transcript Request should be made at the School Counseling Office. Complete the Transcript Release Form to authorize the Registrar to release your transcript to a College/University or business. Please allow 5-7 business days to process. For additional information please contact Mrs. Tammy Chitwood by phone at (540)444-0910 or you may request your transcript via email. Email with your name at graduation, graduation year and where you want it sent.

How To Request Your Virginia Western Dual-Enrollment Transcript

Transcript Request should be made in the Advanced Studies Office which is located in the School Counseling Office.  Students need to fill out a VWCC Transcript Request Form and return to Mrs. Suzanne Mangum.  For additional information please contact  Mrs. Suzanne Mangum by phone at (540)-444-0916 or by email at

Are you transferring to Salem High School?

New Students are registered by appointment only. Please call the school and speak to the appropriate Counselor to schedule an appointment. The forms you need to print and bring with you to your appointment our found under school counseling forms.  A checklist is included to assist you in bringing the proper documents with you. The student MUST be present at the appointment.