Salem High School is pleased to offer job shadowing to all SHS students at any time throughout the school year. Students in grades 9-12 can job shadow up to four times per year. All you have to do is fill out the registration form using the link below. Once you complete the registration form please set up a 15 minute appointment through Ms. Barker in the main office to meet with Mr. Bird. In the meeting I will provide you with the contact information you need to set up your shadow experience. Please review the Job Shadow Opportunities document and then complete the job shadowing survey. However, if you don’t see a career that interests you, just tell us what you are looking for on the registration form and we will make every effort to connect with a business that can provide the experience you want and get you set up to shadow your dream job. I have outlined the steps below for your review.
1. Review the Job Shadow Opportunities Document to find a business or career that you would like to shadow.
2. Use this link to complete the 2019-2020 Job Shadow Registration Form.
3. Set up an appointment to meet with Mr. Bird. To set up an appointment please see Ms. Barker in the main office. .
4. Email or call the placement to schedule your shadow experience.
5. Complete the Job Shadowing Field Trip Form that was given to you by Mr. Bird and return the permission slip to him no later than 1 week prior to the job shadow date.
6. Attend your job shadow experience as scheduled.
7. Send your placement contact an email thanking them for the opportunity.
Students/Parents will be responsible for transportation to and from the shadow placement. Students will be counted present on days that they are out of the building for Job Shadowing. Students will be required to make up any work missed in a timely manner and should make every effort to avoid scheduling their job shadow placement on days of major assignments, tests, or SOL testing dates. If you have any questions please feel free to email or call Mr. Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org (540-