In order to align the Honor Code with the Division’s grading philosophy/policies and to increase the perceived consequences for violating the honor code, the following policy will be in place beginning September 6, 2016.
- When a student violates the SHS Honor Code the following will occur:
The teacher will not accept any assignments related to the violation. The teacher will decide how to remain in compliance with SCS Board Policy IKFB:Examinations
- The teacher will contact the student’s parent or guardian.
- Teachers will complete a disciplinary referral and submit it to the appropriate administrator.
- The administrator will assign a disciplinary consequence in all instances.
- A parent-student conference will be optional in cases with undisputed cheating. A conference will be mandatory in disputed situations.